Friday, March 13, 2009

Out of the Barn Day


I finally have a day of rest - not really. A lot of my clients are off to warmer climes this March Break. I've spent the last week horse sitting a client's three elderly equines. They live out most of the winter and are only brought in during inclement weather. With the threat of torrential downpours and then flash freezing, I wisely decided to have the horses seek shelter in their stalls earlier in the week. The older mare seemed congested after her brief confinement, so I've been treating her with antibiotics and expectorant. She seems clear, but since I didn't want to take a chance of her fighting a virus as we weather this horrific excessively long winter that seems to go on forever, I gave her a little help with meds.

I'm back to my writing assignments on Fridays. Since I work 6 days a week in the barn, this is my only refuge day for being creative on paper. My 30 horses, 100 birds or there of, and two dogs take up the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment